Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I am posting today's blog in between the 7pm and 10pm Christmas Eve services at church. That is how busy I've been today. Not even home long enough to blog in the comfort of my PJs. Today has been busier than a busy work day. On Christmas Eve! I did not think it would be quite so jam-packed full of things to do, but how quickly time gets eaten. Mental note for next year: don't plan anything for Christmas Eve.

I haven't had much of a holiday since I finished work last Friday (19th) for two weeks. I shouldn't really complain; so many people don't get va-cay time at Christmas at all. But if I'm getting two weeks off, you'd think I'd take two weeks off. I don't usually have trouble taking holidays. I love time off. Time to sleep in. Time to myself. Time to do nothing productive. I relish in that kind of time. And I DO have time to do that in the next two weeks. It just seems that none of them are this week. Instead, I've been tackling pre-Christmas errands and commitments, appointments that need to be taken care of before places close for the holidays. Those kinds of things.

So, as I sit here with an hour to go before I am once again operating the overhead projector at the 10pm church service, let me take this opportunity to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!May God's peace and love be with you as you head into 2009.

No comments: