Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer

Two days into my summer schedule, and I am loving it. Respite in the morning, and whatever I want in the afternoons. I am still a bit slow-moving after my backpacking adventure, so I'm glad my schedule has afforded me the ability to be slow-moving. Yesterday afternoon, I puttered around a bit on the computer, and then had a two-hour nap. When I awoke, I thought, "should I be productive now?" But by this time it was 6pm, so I had supper, puttered around a bit more on the computer (read: played around in Photoshop), and then forfeited productivity in exchange for cozying back on the couch with my book (I am currently reading through the Twilight series, and finished New Moon last night).

This afternoon, I had more energy, so I ran a couple errands, and then tackled some organizational things--letters to mail, papers to fill out, junk to recycle. I haven't yet gained access to the third book of the Twilight series (Eclipse), otherwise I'd be on the couch again, for sure. Yes, I know, I could start reading any other book while I wait for Eclipse to come into the library, but I wasn't proactive in that task early enough. The library closes early on Fridays. ...I will saunter down the block (okay, three blocks) to the library tomorrow and see what I can find.

I am also s'posed to hang out with JC tomorrow. I am working up the courage to ride my bike to her place. I have done it before (although not since last summer); it takes about an hour. Thing is, today was the first day since returning from BC that I've been able to sit down or crouch without my legs being on fire; the first day that I haven't moved around like an 85-year-old lady! ...I would love to start taking my bike out more regularly; I just don't want to push it.

Ah, well, I can always have a nap afterwards.

No comments: