Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Square One!

I was out with my small group this evening, and we were reminiscing about old school/retro toys, clothes, movies, TV shows, etc. On the topic of our favourite childhood TV show, I remembered Square One, which ran on PBS while I was growing up. It was a math show (yes, I'm a geek), which I absolutely LOVED. I learned so many math tips and tricks--often before learning the concepts in school. I knew what a fractal was when I was eight!

Anyway, upon returning home, I YouTube'd the show, and thought I'd share some of my favourite highlights from this long-running series.

First, the opening theme:


Angle Dance (could you get any more 80's?):


Drawing a Map (I often had the refrain of this song in my head when drawing maps, right through into adulthood):


Oooooh, Tessellations!


Mathman (it always bugged me when he ate the wrong thing!):


Yup... I sure did love that show!

No comments: