Saturday, October 22, 2011

House & Home OR 83/365

A year ago this weekend, I moved into my house. Of all the 'anniversaries' that could exist in one's world, it surprises me how much this one stands out for me. But it blows my mind a little bit that I have lived in this house for one year already (and yet, only for one year!).

83/365 by gina.blank


The last year I have ridden several different learning curves, including the new experiences that come with owning a house. Several blog posts this year have focused on my home and garden. Clearly, an exciting and important topic for me. Even so, those reflect only a small percentage of the daily discoveries I encountered around my home this past year.

I love my house.
  • I love the way the sun streams through the kitchen window and right into my bedroom on summer and Saturday mornings.
  • I love the warm colours of each room.
  • I love that I can do a three-point turn in my driveway.
  • I love the space in my garage.
  • I love not having to plug the car in in the winter because I have garage.
  • I love the copious amounts of sunlight the back yard receives.
  • I love that I am situated on such a neighbourly street.
  • I love how the bathroom is slightly warmer than the rest of the house when the furnace is on. This makes getting ready for work in the dark of autumn and winter that much more tolerable.
  • I love the fruit-bearing plants I didn't know I had!
  • I love that if I plug the vacuum into the outlet under the kitchen table, I can reach every room of the house without having to re-plug the cord in elsewhere!
  • I love the feel of my living room (not sure if it would be considered feng-shui, but it's the nicest room in my house!).
  • I love having a gas stove!
  • I love having enough room for everything.
  • I love that plants seem to enjoy it here, too (i.e. they grow).
  • I love that it's mine.
I generally got excited when people asked me about my house. With each change in the seasons, it was like having a whole new house. Now that I am starting the cycle over again, so to speak, I will have a comparison point. "Last year I never had to..." or "this will be easier this year because..." I think I will still get excited when people ask about my house. Which is good. It means we get along well together. :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am so happy you like your house so much and that it likes you too!