Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oops, I Did it Again OR 306/365

I had an 'off' kinda Saturday. I started my weekend Friday night with an awesome dinner and backyard campfire with a friend, rendering a bed time of roughly 2:30am. This would be all fine, except my body decided it wanted to be up at 9:30. When it didn't have to be. On a Saturday. So I puttered around slowly both indoors and out, tackling some chores and some gardening. I had "chill" music playing on the iPhone in my pocket, as I was not really in a physical or mental space to handle anything too upbeat in tempo. The overcast sky seemed to match the fuzzy space I was in.

Mid-afternoon, the clouds moved themselves over for the sun to shine through. In my stupor, I was getting ready to have a nap on the couch, but switched gears and dozed in the hammock instead. The sleep was light, but good. After an hour and a half, I wouldn't say I was fully re-energized, and it was quite hard to peel myself from the hammock, but I had given myself back the energy needed to chat with a friend I hadn't called in a while, and then mosey on down to Whyte Avenue to meet up with The Edmonton Shutterbugs for a photo walk.

Throughout the day, I hadn't bothered with my blog picture. I did take a couple after I woke up in the hammock, but the shadows were horrible and the photo not good enough to warrant the post-processing to deal with it. So I deleted them. And I had been telling myself all day that I would take a picture of myself on the photo walk.

It wasn't until I was in bed that night--around 12:30, now Sunday--that I suddenly realized, "crap, I have no photo."

Again.

So... here are some photos I DID take Saturday....

One of These Things is Not Like the Other... by gina.blank
One of These Things is Not Like the Other...

Red, Brick, and Lock by gina.blank
Red, Brick, Lock
Skyline Sunset by gina.blank
Skyline at Sunset

No comments: