Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Canada AND SOTC 57/365

High Level Sparkle (SOTC 57/365) by gina.blank
It had been a few years since I'd last photographed Edmonton's Canada Day fireworks, so I figured the celebrations this past weekend would be a good opportunity for some new images. The weather had been glorious all weekend--I was anticipating a clear twilight sky would to showcase the event.

I was not disappointed. Fireworks are really quite easy to photograph--the only trick part I find is that no two fireworks burst in the exact same spot, and they come too fast to constantly adjust the camera on its tripod. As such, I have always used a wider lens to maximize the opportunity of getting the whole burst in my frame. Still, I often find myself cropping many of my fireworks images to some degree.

There are always a few, though, that burst to just the right size, in just the right spot. And this year, the [very] mild breeze was also in my favour, carrying the residual smoke away from the subsequent fireworks instead of further into their path.

Canada turned 146 this year. I am proud to have shared 32 of those years, and am looking forward to many more as a citizen of this kind, beautiful, and majestic country.

I you, Canada!
I ♥ Canada! by gina.blank
(No cropping here, either; woot!)



1 comment:

Margaret said...

Well done! Hugs to you and the country too!