Saturday, July 17, 2010

Relationship and Community

For about a year, I've had a real sense of the notion that God calls us to be in relationship and community. In a lot of areas, I have seen the abundant blessing in the relationships I have, and in the communities of which I am a part. Lately, though, I've been in a stuck place.

My relationships are still blessed; and I am still part of communities. But there is some.. flux, I guess. Opportunities to be a part of new communities, form new relationships. And changing relationships, and change in current communities.

Where do I go? Do I stay put? Do I jump into new social connections? Do I step back from connections that aren't strong or fight to strengthen them? Which communities and relationships does God want me to foster for His glory, and which do I think I should foster for my own well-being? And are those always mutually exclusive?

No comments: