Sunday, September 19, 2010

I am Moving!

I am moving.
I wrap fragile items in paper.
I pack them into a box.
I think about all the things I need in a house that I didn't need before.
     A lawn mower;
     A snow shovel;
     A compost bin.
I am choosing paint colours in my head.
I think about all the things I have in a house that I didn't have before.
     A pantry;
     A guest bedroom;
     A basement!
I make a list of all the businesses who need my new address.
I call the furnace cleaning company.
I pack another box.
I mentally arrange--and rearrange--furniture.
I enlist help from friends.
I get a little excited!
I feel like one month is forever away.
I hear the neighbour thump on the floor upstairs
     and smile,
          because soon that won't exist.
I can't wait to be able to park my car in a garage!
I book a trailer.
I look around at three years of growing
I smile at the growing that will happen in my new house.
I am moving.

No comments: