Saturday, July 16, 2011

Art in the Works; Works of Art

When it comes to my photography, I have no ambition to be a professional. I want the photography to always be enjoyable. I want to remain caught up in the moment of the photo and NOT get too caught up in the technicalities of making a perfect business shot. 

Still, in the last year or so, I have been wanting to make more out of my photography.

Last week, I stumbled upon a website called ViewBug. It's a site that allows photographers to upload their work and have it displayed in ViewBug's online gallery; or entered into one of any number of photo contests the site has running; or made available for purchase and print. The concept of the site seemed quite intriguing, and basic membership is free, so I thought, "why not?"

I'm not sure of the publicity of ViewBug outside of its registered members, so perhaps I will never sell a single image. I may not even be recognized in a single contest. Still, I am excited even about the potential.

...Need some new art for your walls?

1 comment:

Daphne Rose said...

Good Luck in all your endeavors. .





Daphne of Plateau Natura