Tuesday, March 27, 2012

239/365


239/365Apparently, the directionality of your toilet paper is both contentious and insightful (thank you, Wikipedia).

....For the record, I grew up in an under household. I often liked the way the toilet paper rolled over at friend's houses, but never asked if we could switch ours. My parents were clearly set in the ways of under orientation; as a young child, I think I figured there was no point in asking. I think as I got older--if it landed on me to place a new roll on the dispenser--I may have oriented it over every now and then. I don't actually remember it being a conscious decision until I moved away from home. I was an over person for about five years until my cat discovered the joys of this orientation, and shredded rolls when I wasn't looking. I have returned to the being an under person, and the over orientation has lost personal appeal.

Analyze that.

No comments: