Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sweet Saturday

This day has just been too perfect not to blog about. It started early for a Saturday. I set the alarm for 7am so that I could watch my friend's ultrasound online. Technology rocks--to be able to be three time zones away and still be a part of things like these with people I care about. It was so sweet. Baby smiled, moved his hands, and generally just looked adorable.

Afterwards, my brain was quite happy to return to unconsciousness for a couple more hours, and I re-awoke later in the morning definitely more refreshed. I was mildly disappointed when I looked out my window and the sky was cloudy and white and not the sunny that had been forecast by Environment Canada. But by the time I met my friends at Transcend Coffee, the clouds were making way for glorious early spring sunshine. We chatted in the upstairs lounge near the window for a while before deciding to take advantage of the sun on a long, loopy walk through the UofA farm.

I returned home cozy on endorphins and vitamin D, and have settled into a relaxing evening of television, internet puttering, and cat cuddling.

Thank You, Lord, for such abundant blessings. The blessing of technology, and the blessing of life. The blessing of friendships, and warm spring days. Thank You that I live in a place where these are all realities for me. You would be worthy of praise and thanks, even if I had slept through the ultrasound. Even if it had snowed today. Even if I had spent the day in my condo doing nothing. But You choose to bless, and You do so abundantly. Thanks. Amen.

No comments: