Thursday, December 15, 2011

137/365

As I have managed to locate energy after two days of muddling through on poor nights' sleeps, I decided to tackle my toilet tank once again. Last week, through a series of events, I converted my tank from a regular to dual-flush. Except that it wasn't flushing properly.

After playing around with different setttings, I still couldn't get it to flush consistently. The tank just didn't like the bowl.

So I decided to switch the tank with the one from my downstairs toilet. It would be back to a regular-flush toilet, but I really just wanted one that worked properly, regular-flush or not.

So after draining, screwing and unscrewing, lifting, transferring, leak-testing, and re-installing, I am happy to announce that not only did I successfully re-install both toilet tanks on their counterpart bowls*, BUT the dual-flush toilet actually works on the bowl downstairs! It is a slightly different shape than the upstairs bowl, and whatever the effect that has, it seems to be enough to make for successful flushes all around!

I tell ya, the satisfaction is immense. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to use the loo...

137/365 by gina.blank

*Truth be told, there is a very, very, very small leak coming from one of the bolts holding the tank to the bowl. The rubber lost a bit of seal in the transfer, it seems. That being said, it is issuing only a single drop of water every 20 minutes or so. I might have enough water in the morning to water my plant. Thus, I can wait to pick up some new bolts on the weekend and pop them in. No big deal. :)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm thinking the fact that the new tank is closer to the water source in the basement (thus requiring less pressure to flush) is the reason it's working well down there. Well done, Ms. Plumber! :-)