Friday, August 12, 2011

11/365

Four days. I've been back to my regular work and extracurricular schedule for four days, and already the place is a disaster.

It is generally the pattern that my place starts out really well on Mondays after cleaning and tidying over the weekend. As the week progresses, however, I tend to be less interested in keeping clutter off the kitchen table, sweeping crumbs from the floor, washing the dishes, moving items downstairs... anything that requires more energy expenditure after a long day than I'm willing to give. By the end of the day, I generally want to engage my brain in things like photos, reading, Facebook--the fun stuff; the easy stuff.

Given the copious amount of time I had on my hands this summer, my place was kept pretty clean all the time. I would make a good housewife. I knew my priorities would shift again once I started back into my regular routine; still, I thought I'd be able to hold out for at least a little longer!

11/365 by gina.blank

No comments: