Wednesday, November 1, 2017

#IAmGrateful 1 (Also, SOTC 258/365)

Lady in Red (SOTC 258/365)
Person

This girl.

Yup, this girl right here.

With her unassuming and quiet demeanour. With her father's eyes and her mother's hair and her grandmother's build; and her own spirit.

A quirky sense of humour.
A deep mind.
A loyal heart.

Ambition in her eyes and a book in her hand.
Purpose in her step and a camera around her neck.

I am grateful for the person I am, and the person I continue to evolve into. "A masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously."*

I can be tempted to put the word "too" in front of some self-descriptors like introverted, serious, linear, organized... and then I remind myself no! Not "too!" Because the world needs both; the talkers and the listeners, the silly and the serious, the care-free and the planners. I have moments of "too" (we all do), but on the whole, these and all my other qualities make up my being in just the right proportions.

I am grateful for my healthy dose of introversion; for my attention to details; for a naiveté most 30-somethings can't pull off... And for all the other bits and pieces of genetics and biology and relationship and life that make me one whole person.

#IAmGrateful




* Unknown

No comments: